Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, February 10, 2006

Updating The List... Again


I stand before you, dumbstruck. Well. Not dumbstruck. And I’m sitting down right now. But metaphorically-- um.

I’ve made reference in the past to The List, a category of women that can flat out shut me up. As a guy who likes to talk, this is no small feat. Last night, the list grew by one.

Congratulations, Andrea…

Andrea and I have worked together on a few shows now, most memorably Proof from a year and a half ago. We’re both currently in the Kensington Art Theatre’s Assassins, which goes up in March. That’s neither here nor there.

At rehearsal last night, there was the occasional lull in progress, and the actors were making jokes with each other. Typical stuff. I forget what I said, but Andrea, from across the stage, says “Oh, shut up, Casey.”

My jaw dropped. Complete shock. Now, the other women on this wonderful list, who (thank god) don’t give classes in Shut-Uppery are able to do it with pretty much a glance. Just a look. The fact that Andrea just flat out told me to shut it; and that it actually worked, has earned her a place in that noble sorority.

Wendy, Tamia, Heather, Mary, McCall, make some room. Andrea’s joining ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home