Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Something Completely Different


Something funny that happened two nights ago at rehearsal: Our person in charge of hair and make-up, Malca, was giving us the basic run-down. She started with, “Now, I’m assuming you’ve all applied theatrical make-up before, and know what you’re doing.”

I couldn’t resist leaning over to Mike (our own Czolgosz, bearded man) and whispering, “What’s make-up?”

Beat. Mike blinks twice, then comes back with, “It’s what you do when you want your girlfriend to like you again. Which, I don’t think you do too often.”

ZING. This was no mere mortal zing. This was a powered-by-stolen-diamonds-laser-through-the-heart zing. And it was magnificent. Mike managed to not only come back with a perfectly timed smartass remark to my sarcastic question, he capped it with an insult. Outstanding stuff.

I tip my hat, man.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ZING indeed!

    Heh, that as so good, I just had to share it with my office peeps. Anyway, give me a call sometime, today is my last dy at my job and I will have a TON of free time for the next couple of weeks.

    - Steve

     

Post a Comment

<< Home