Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Five Questions


Sarah set up a deal: Buzz her, she'll ask you five unique questions. Or, if you're reading this, buzz me and I'll ask you five. Either way, the answers go on your own little corner of the 'net. Neat.

1. What's the most deliberately cruel or mean thing you've ever done?

A: The only thing in recent history I can think of-- writing a pretty damning appraisal of someone’s work (well deserved); discouraging someone else from working with them again. This is NOT someone I’ve worked with personally, just in seeing them onstage. It was the only time I’ve written something like that, by request or otherwise.

2. Who's your favorite comic book superhero and why?

A: John Constantine of Hellblazer. Notorious for being a complete bastard, he is irrepressible trouble on two legs. He’s also very, very loyal to his (few) friends.

3. What made you want to be an actor and how old were you when you figured that out?

A: I was about seven, I think. My family was watching Superman, and I saw Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor... I thought, “That looks fun, I want to do that.”

4. What's your favorite smell and why?

A: There’s a way a certain person smells. I’ve found that most women have their own distinct scent; I’ve never forgotten it.

5. What's one of your most magical or life-changing theatre moments either on stage or in the audience?

A (In the Audience): Seeing The Woman in Black in London. I didn’t know you could evoke real terror in such a setting, and this show gave me genuine nightmares. Unforgettable.

A (On Stage): A recurring moment—getting the audience ‘in my hands’. When I can make them laugh ‘til their sides hurt, or hold their breath and not realize it… there’s nothing like it.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent answer to #5. Those moments are what keeps me in the audience and on the stage whenever possible. Even if I didn't have another one for the rest of my life I'd keep trying to get one. It's the best drug in the world.

    So, now interview me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home