Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Stories Galore


Wow. Yesterday was a day. Dang. A great one, don't get me wrong-- but a long, full day.

I got my tail out of bed at Five, something I never do, to get to the metro, to get to the train, to get to New York. Having never taken Amtrak (or specifically, Acela) before, I was pleasantly surprised to find they had all sorts of restaurants n' coffee shops waiting for me at the train station.

The trip up was nearly 3 hours, but we arrived to the minute when we were expected. I owe Leta and Dave another nod for the great transport advice. You guys rock.

New York City. The Big Apple. The City so nice, they named it twice. I haven't hit NYC in nearly a decade, but man. The sights, the smells... Fantastic. Well. Not all the smells, mind you, but it was certainly a vibrant collage of olfactory... je ne sais pas.

The Studio, Which shall remain nameless... was fantastic. I went in, auditioned for the role I was called up for, and then politely asked if I could take a stab at the other character that was currently being optioned. They said sure, and I gave them something completely different for it. They did seem to enjoy my stuff, so I really, really hope to hear from them. Honest and true. I'll let you all know the minute I hear something.

This was not the end of my day, though. Oh no. I had a few hours to kill until my afternoon train home, so I called my brother (a lover of NY) for advice. He said "Grab some pizza and hit Times Square."

Gorgeous strip o' town. All the standard clichés were in place: Street vendors, crazy preacher-guy on the corner, no muggings thankfully. The Toys R Us up there had a full-sized animatronic T-Rex. I couldn't help passing by a certain action figure line, of which I could possibly someday have a character. Sweet.

I stopped by a few more places, got another book and hopped back on the train to DC. Thankfully I was able to grab at least some sleep, I was starting to flag. Then on to the show...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home