Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Sunday, March 26, 2006

No Good Way To Finish That Sentence


In effort to lighten the mood around here: Saturday during the day, I was having an early dinner in town. Sure enough, a small gaggle of Girl Scouts (with their mothers) were dutifully selling cookies on a brisk afternoon. I bought a box for the cast, and got to the show.

Ryan, our cast's resident 11 year old, saw the cookies on the table.

"Ya missed a button, kid." His shirt wasn't made up quite right, and Nicole knelt down to fix him up. She starts laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked. Nicole explained that Ryan claimed that I liked the girls, and not the cookies. Wow. Blink. Blink.

"Big words, coming from someone being dressed by a lady twice his age."

Nicole looked at me and defended, "I'm not dressing him, I'm und-- never mind."

Couldn't stop laughing for nearly a minute.

That was good.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello, saw the show on Friday night and was very impressed. You do an excellent job and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Casey Jones said…

    Thanks very much! I'll tell the cast the good word.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home