Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, March 24, 2006

Take. The. Hint.


*sighs* You know, I consider myself a relatively patient person. One peeve, however, is the need to repeat myself to people who don't listen.

One of my bosses at work has been getting phone calls from a magazine company, looking to renew his subscription. He isn't interested.

"Hello, is Mr. Xxxxxxxx in?"

"I'm afraid he's in a meeting. May I take a message?"

"Is his secretary or assistant there that I can speak with?" (Strike one. I answered his phone! Who else would I be??)

"... Speaking."

"I'm with blahdy blah Magazine, and was curious to see if Mr.--" (Strikes two & three. You're out.)

"He isn't interested. This is the third or fourth time I've said this. Please stop calling."

... As I'm hanging up the phone, I hear her squeak a hesitant "Thank you" that frankly, didn't sound all that sincere anyway.

Kaplahr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home