Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Another Night Off


It so happens that various plans, being flexible as they are, have left me with nothing planned for the night. No rehearsal, no auditions, no plans.

I scarcely know what to do with myself.

I enjoy being busy; having things to focus on. They beat the alternative; a complete lack of things to do. So! Why not an update on things in general...

I'm giving serious thought to writing another comic book, one that I will seek to publish through one of the labels I applied for last year. Different story, different genre, with hopefully a better penciller at the helm. Couldn't hurt.

My day job pretty much concludes in another eight business days. With no definitive plans in line save for some promising freelance writing work (and various V.O. gigs), I'm feeling pretty damned good about it. We'll see where those feelings are, come April.

* * *
It occurred to me a few minutes ago that I've had only three panic attacks since November. For each one, I had someone to talk me through them. I don't know if you can know what it means-- They come out of nowhere, they last as long as they last, and during them, having someone standing next to you or on the phone to grant some focus is a very good thing. McCall, Amanda, Jaclyn: Thank you.
* * *
I hope you all have a terrific evening; off, on, or otherwise. I see laundry folding in my immediate future, along with some fiddling around with freelance work and if I play my cards right, V For Vendetta. Rock on.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Play your cards right. Go see V. Worship the mask.

    As an actor, his opening scene will probably kill you with its awesomeness. I'm not kidding.

    Go see it now, and then we'll see it again when I get home!

    "Remember remember the fifth of November..."

    =^)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home