Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, March 13, 2006

Waxing Philosophical n' Stuff


Change. An alteration from the status quo, be it temporary or permanent. A subject that has been on my mind before, and more than once.

Change can be a wonderful thing; the fruits of taking a risk and having it pay off. A random chain of events can lead to a new job, a relationship, maybe even a new way of looking at things. For the better, for good.

It can also be disastrous. Be it a sudden over-night slam that you could never have seen coming with binoculars and radar; or a slow, gradual, incremental landslide from a good place to be to someplace you never want to visit again. Metaphorically speaking.

Regardless, change is coming. New opportunities have arrived, old friends have resurfaced. For the ones that have, I’m smiling. But not knowing what’s coming next while being aware that something’s coming can be downright daunting.

I don’t know. It’s entirely possible I’m full of shit.

At this point the only sensible thing to do, seems to be: Keep doing what you’re doing. I like myself, I like what I’m doing and I like the people I choose to spend my free time with. Still: Ingredients in my life, beyond my control, are being altered. Such as where I’m going to be spending 40 hours or more a week.

Try not to over-think it, play it cool, and stick to what you know. And, remember that you’re not in it alone.

That by itself is a comfort. And not the only one: Screaming, ranting, and brandishing a fake gun before a live audience is all sorts of cathartic. Blammo.

Whatever’s next-- bring it. Just don’t drag your feet getting here, already. Sheesh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home