Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, March 10, 2006

Number Four Hundred and Sixteen


I’ve had a fair amount on my mind, lately. This, this right here; is what I’m charitably referring to as ‘a period of transition’. Three weeks from now… I’ll be packing up my things, which will mostly consist of taking reviews, a web cartoon or two, and a few pieces of poetry down off my wall. (Not my own work, incidentally. No need to hang my own stuff.)

It’s off-putting. I’ll be doing something that requires my complete focus (such as rehearsing) and all of a sudden I’m miles away. Or divided. Or so ‘in the moment’ that I marvel at how I didn’t see things that way sooner. In any case… it goes away. The clarity, the distraction, or whatever frame of mind I happen to settle on for five damned minutes. It goes away, and I’m on to the next thing.

Another scene in the show. Thoughts about money. Friends, and the goings-on in their lives. My writing. The fact that I’m doing editing work for the first time. My voice-over career. Doing an imitation for the amusement of… whoever’s around, frankly.

It occasionally gets a little tiresome.

Regardless: This is the current state. This is ‘where I am’. Sixteen months and 415 posts later (minus the one or two that were deleted), I’m getting exactly why these things are so addictive. Hmm.

*shakes it off* Have yourselves a good afternoon, folks. I’m off, shortly; to sing, dance, bellow, and play merry havoc with imitation firearms. If that’s not a recipe for a good time, I don’t know what is.


Blammo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home