Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, March 24, 2006

Boo!


Last night, we reached the half-way mark in our performances of Assassins. I couldn't be happier with the way the show has gone so far.

And? I'm amused by the single most-recurring comment I've gotten from viewers of the show: "Scary."

Diego's mother has seen the show a number of times, and eats it up every time. Friends of castmates give me that wary "He's not really batshit, is he?" look before we make introductions. Even people who've known me for years have been unnerved when they saw me as Byck. "Scary."

...I like that. I do. Sammy is not a well man. If my turn as Father Christmas-gone-wrong is making people a bit uncomfortable, great. It means I'm doing my job. And if I can radiate a little unhinged fury while I'm at it, swell.

Five down, five to go. Tickets are still available, folks. Get 'em while they're hot.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kid, I said it before, I'll say it again, you cracked me up with your Byck monologue. Wild, edgy, grabbed my attention! You are da man. Many congrats.

    Folks, do yourself a favor & see this in Kensington, it closes April 1.

    LMS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home