Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, March 30, 2006

*Clears Throat*


Folks, something has happened that is too good not to share, but too big to jinx by giving away all the details imaginable. So I’m going to tell you what I can, and we can go from there. I’ve been fitting to burst for the last 36 hours, anyway.

I’ve been invited to an audition in New York City. For a mainline Saturday Morning Cartoon. I am. Not. Kidding.

The role is likely a bad-guy-of-the-week. I don’t care if he/she/it has one line or two dozen, it’s a Saturday Morning Cartoon. It’s my foot in the door. And what a door.

I’m taking a train up to the Big Apple early tomorrow morning, doing my thing, and getting back with time to spare for Assassins tomorrow night. Leta and David recommended I plunk down the extra tax-deductible bucks and take Acela, a subsidiary of Amtrak that runs faster, more dependably. That works for me.

As this has been ‘sinking in’, I’ve gotten somewhat anxious. It is one heck of an opportunity. My Aunt Riggin wisely pointed out there’s no downside here, so I should just try to relax. It isn’t happening yet; the relaxing.

Regardless. Keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow, folks. I’m goin’ up North.

Shazam.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've got my fingers crossed for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home