Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Not Quite An Evil Plague, But Growing Nonetheless


This afternoon, I secured the services of a Colorist. This is what it was like two years ago; finding the talent and convincing 'em to join Team... Jones, I suppose.

Nothing against my last effort, but I am confident that this time around; things could be different. Their work as individuals is dynamite. Time to put 'em together and light the fuse.

In two weeks (when his calendar opens up), my penciller is going to have some character sketches for me, the next step in this wonderful little endeavor. I'm going to be spending that same time polishing up the script of issue #1. My main goals?

A) Not repeat the same mistakes I made last time, regarding plot structure and having "too much going on" at once. (I can think of two alterations toward that end, already.) Take a little more time to say a bit less.

B) Find brand new mistakes to make. *shrug*

C) Write something I'd want to read, something that would leave a positive impression.

D) Accept the fact, up front, that it won't be perfect. Doesn't mean I can't make it every bit as good as possible, though.

E) ... I got nothin'. Yet.

In any case. Progress is being made. More to follow, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home