Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tired Enough


When it comes to certain areas of endeavor, I'm a workaholic.

Granted, there has to be a stated interest in it for me to actually get motivated, but of late there's been no shortage of those.

I'll work on a writing project 'til my hands are sore. I'll rehearse or act through a pounding headache, pendulous nausea, or a four-alarm panic attack; because the show must go on. I'll hop states back and forth in a day to get done what I need to get done. All of which are at least partially fueled by no small amount of coffee. This isn't boasting, I'm just trying to establish the tone of the piece.

I'm not alone in associating a day well spent; with a day at the end of which, I'm exhausted. This isn't going to change any time soon, so I embrace it. And I wonder... if I'm tired enough.

Aside from the odd bout of insomnia, I've been staying up late for a few reasons, lately. Tonight is the first night in a while that I'm actually weary before midnight. It's helpful since tomorrow's a big day.

Regardless... I'm trying. I am trying. And I wonder-- what is ever going to satisfy that busybody inside for more than a few days, before moving on to another project. I haven't had a vacation in over a year. Not an honest-to-goodness vacation. I unwind these days by, you guessed it, working on something I enjoy.

Honestly? What I'd really like, right now... is a day off. A few would be splendid.

Seeing as how that's not in the cards presently, I'll make do by calling it a night.

Sweet dreams, folks. Don't work too hard.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home