Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It's All About Perspective, Innit...


I had a much-needed dose of caffiene with Amanda yesterday, before rehearsal. She arrived fresh from la salon and we managed to sit and chat for a bit before needing to go our separate ways.

She's getting married soon; and working through the various trials and tribulations on her way to the altar. Other mishaps, clerical errors and so forth were quills of the porcupine she sat on; but one in particular simply cracked me up.

Namely, her wedding band is not quite designed to rest flush against her engagement ring. The problem? It has too many diamonds.

She didn't get to finish her comment before I started laughing.

"Oooh, my solid gold shoes are pinching my feet... Can you grab me a band-aid? This winning lottery ticket just gave me a paper-cut. Oh, dammit! The Rolls broke down. I'd ride my Unicorn home, but he threw a shoe."

She assured me that my uppance will come, the minute I complain about something that's small potatoes. If laughing about it yesterday didn't get me in enough trouble, sharing the moment with you folks will certainly finish the job.

Bring it on.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are quite correct that I will smite you when given the chance.

    After I 'come back a Mrs.'

    :)
    Amanda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home