Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, August 28, 2006

Seemingly Random Events


I'm most intrigued: Friends of mine and I have encountered a most bizarre string of coincidences, lately. In the last week, there've been no less than four completely random encounters.

A friend in New York (whom I knew in High School) recently got back in touch with Heather. Turns out she's dating someone Heather knew at college. They've been dating for three years and never realized they knew someone in common.

Heather and I were at the mall on Saturday, and ran into two guys from High School neither of us had seen in years.

Amanda's been treating the wife of a good friend (and former co-star) lately, and it wasn't until their last day of therapy that they discovered they both know me.

Leaving the Metro on Friday, I ran into someone I haven't seen in ages. Three years prior when we saw each other last, we were both living in a different freakin' state. Turns out we'd both moved closer to DC. Never expected to see him again. (There hadn't been any sort of bad falling out, we'd just lost touch.)

Just a bizarre string of coincidences? Or... well, what the hell else could it be?

*Looks around, doesn't see Rod Serling anywhere.* I dunno. You be the judge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home