Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, February 26, 2007

To Wit, Alan Moore Is A Frickin' Genius


The man is considered by and large one of the greatest graphic novel writers of all time. Any such unofficial list would also include Frank Miller and Stan Lee. Because they're frickin' geniuses.

Watchmen is the only comic to appear on Time Magazine's list of "Best English-language novels from 1923 to the present". It's a seminal work. As is V For Vendetta.

I'm concerned about such things as I'm trying to get my own comic published. I came closer to that this weekend than I've ever come. It's actually possible.

Moore's work is complex. It's very, very complex. And it's brilliant, and elegant. Graceful and Grotesque. I won't say any more than that.

It takes work. I wish I could grasp the mechanics of it. I've tried. I'm still trying.

Beyond that... I got nothin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home