Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Last Day...


The last twenty-four hours have been completely bizarre. I went to church group last night, and from out of nowhere I found myself completely overwhelmed by feelings for someone I haven't seen in a long time. I left early because of it; I just couldn't get a handle on things.

There was no prompting. She hasn't been in my thoughts for a while and then, with no warning, bam. I missed her more than ever.

I wandered through a bookstore for a while, then came home. I called some friends and tried to talk things out; which helped somewhat. Regardless, it affected my sleep.

I overslept this morning, and was fired as a result.

Fired. It was a temp job at Random House that I was thoroughly enjoying. Hot and cold running books. Quality coffee. I was making a friend or two in the workplace. All gone.

Granted-- the job was only going to last to the end of the week anyway; but this is hardly how I wanted to end my time there. This is a black mark on my record with the temp agency; for certain. I'm not sure what's going to happen next. I sent apology emails to all the appropriate people. Tomorrow I'm going to give the temp agency another call and find out what's what.

In the meantime; I have transcribing to do. It's good work for solid pay; but... this has been a completely bizarre and bad twenty-four hours. I have no idea what catalyzed it.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. In any case, I'm still going to the gym tonight. No reason not to.

I screwed up.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so sorry you had such a bad day. I can only hope and believe that this is a gateway to something different; something better for you.

    *hugs*

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoa. I'm sorry, hon. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home