Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Feel The Burn


Tacky title? Yes. Cliche'? Absolutely. What could Casey have done last night? He joined a gym. That's right. It's about friggin' time.

I make a decent wage (for the time being) and in a moment of feduciary excess I realized I could put said funds to use and take better care of myself at the same time. For the past few weeks, an NYSC employee has been calling, (nagging really) to see if I was still interested in signing up. I said yes, and finally last night I pushed through and did it.

New gym bag. New gym shorts. Fresh deoderant and body wash for the gym shower. New combination lock for whatever locker I use that day. (Oh, and the brand name of the lock? Kryptonite. Heh.)

I hope to lose a bit of weight, as much as anything else. I don't expect to become Charles Atlas or anything. Michael advised that people that make the gym a part of their routine, say, in the morning, are more likely to keep with it. That seems to make sense. Since my current job doesn't start 'til ten in the morning, that gives me ample time, if I were so inclined, to get up, head to the gym, work out, shower and then head in to work. The craziest part of all of this is that I could actually see myself doing it.

Wish me luck. And willpower. I'll need some of that too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home