Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

What A Day.


I have had quite a damn day. Some good, some long, some just stressful. The important thing is, I'm starting to catch up. FINALLY, I'm starting to catch up.

Work was work; following an absolutely wonderful weekend. Getting to Jersey was ever the hassle, increasedly so by the PATH card issues of getting the damn thing to work. It does now, which is the important thing.

My computer is back in working shape (thank you Trevor for picking it up) and missing only the least important of files. Putting my itunes library back in order will be interesting and boringly time consuming.

Then, something interesting. Something light. A phone call from an old NY friend prompts if I have plans tonight. None. Would I like to play Malvolio in Twelfth Night. Heck yes. It's a random assortment of actors and actresses, and we just read the play. It was a hoot, and a wholly pleasant surprise.

Then back to reality. Slow subway trains, and the return to the apartment; during which I prayed. Earnestly. I begged God for a little slack, a little financial help. Money has been and remains tight-- and likely to remain so.

This week the rent is due and between that and the expenses of computer repair, I am flailing around for a much-needed paddle.

I returned to the house, wondering what I was going to do; and there sitting in the mail slot was a cheque from ToyFare magazine. Payment for an article I wrote three months ago. Payment apparently double what it was arranged to be.

The timing could not be better. Honestly. I am depositing that cheque first thing tomorrow and good lord will the coffers be grateful. My theory for the inflated payment is the extra work required (and multiple interviews) to nail down the material for the article. Who knows? I am NOT complaining.

I'm grateful. Just... grateful. Okay. Off to bed.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Answered prayers are amazing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home