Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Minor Feat


I have just finished a new script. One that's been sitting on the back burner for months.

I love a good script. Discovering Sleuth in college was one of the better moments from that period (so what does that tell you about college?). I later fell in love w/ Deathtrap for the same reasons: Both scripts are damned clever, very witty and riddled with credible twists-- provided one suspends his disbelief. I've wanted to write a similar script ever since.

Head Games is my attempt in the genre. It's not brilliant but it'll do.

Anyway. My first finished script in a while that doesn't break the fourth wall or depend on source material to stand alone. I loved writing Yellow Brick Monologues but at best it's an extrapolation on Wizard of Oz. So. There that is.

I have to give credit where credit is due. Spending time with Shawna has been very relaxing, and... stimulating at the same time. Maybe she got the creative juices flowing. Who knows. In any case, I'm grateful. I hadn't touched the script in a few months and two weeks ago I picked up where I left off and now it's finished. That feels pretty damned good.

Okay, I'm done. Have a good night, folks. Be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home