Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Lent. Lent. Lent.

Today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. The 47 days (According to Leta, and who am I to disagree?) for which we give up something that stands in the way between us and God. It could be a vice, a habit, a particular crutch, something appropriate that isn't just a facet of your new diet.

I've given the matter a reasonable amount of thought. I can't give up coffee. I'm not strong enough, nor do I get enough sleep to get by without it. I can give up beer, though. Beer and alcohol in general. No more for Casey.

I do love beer. And I love me some whiskey. Which is why I'm forsaking 'em both and anything else that drips down from the tree of fermentation. Now, If Lent were in the warm-to-hot summer months, giving up ice-cold brew would be a much greater challenge, I assure you.

Anyway. There you have it. I wonder if rentals of 40 Days and 40 Nights will increase over the next few weeks. Just a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home