Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Things Are Going Well

Good morning!

I have to say, I'm really pleased with the way things are progressing at the moment, artistic-expression wise.

The Mystery of Irma Vep finished blocking a day early, so now we have tonight off. Heaven only knows what I'll do with the free time, but I'm grateful to have it. Bruce and Nano (Director and Co-Star, respectively) are making it just fun to do. And it's been just blocking so far!

My acting class is going smoothly, too. I signed up for a class that focusses on an actor's weaknesses; namely things I don't think I'm particularly good at. In my case, that's playing scary, intimidating guys. Frankly, I'm on the cuddly side. I've never been cast as the jerk, the brute, or the bad boyfriend. I'm doing a scene from Sweet Bird of Youth by Tennessee Williams, and I'm playing Chance. Just looking to broaden my horizons a bit, and we're off to a good start. The teacher said I did in fact scare her a bit last night (in doing the scene). Woo hoo!

Granted, the 'Woo hoo!' won't send kids hiding behind their parents, but it doesn't detract from my enthusiasm. Woo hoo, indeed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home