Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Still Hating Money

Like a fine string of filthy pearls, there is a grocery list of expletives I could let spill right now. I'm that pissed off. I HATE MONEY. And again, not the money, but the blank-blanked lack of it. I hate it.

And there are things I can't complain about. Leta knows why. After all, I don't want a certain bad thing to happen involving fire. But there just isn't enough. Blank. Blank. Blank.

Something that never ceases to amuse: Bank fees. I suck at keeping track of how much money I've exactly got in the bank (no matter how often this blanking happens), and the bank does something that makes no sense. They know I don't *have* any, but they take out funds anyway. You'd THINK I would have learned by now. No such luck. Brilliant.

It's not like I'm spending extravagantly on myself. It really isn't. But never the less: Payday comes around and a percentage of my pay not gobbled up by taxes is instead wolfed down by the bank for overdrawing. I hate it. And because it happened last week, there wasn't enough money to get through this week. And since there wasn't enough money to get through this past week, there won't be enough to get through the coming week.

...I'm fully aware that this is my fault. I'm not blaming anyone else, but it certainly makes me feel better to claim it's the bank's fault, rather than face the fact that I can't manage a damn budget.

Ugh.

Damn.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No offense but how old ARE you? Maybe you should like sell your house or get a cheaper apartment if the rent is to much. You sound too smart to work for min. wage so maybe you could get another job or a parttime job? Or do your banking online like the rest of us and keep better track of it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home