Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Because She Is Who She Is


Every so often, I get the urge to wax all poetical-like about any given friend of mine. I got it again. These are the people who are important to me, and if you’re interested enough to read these things, more power to you.

Samm is a young woman I’ve known since my senior year of college. She’s the woman I previously mentioned that is now married, and has a two-year-old son, Will. Samm has had as strong an influence on me as any woman I’ve known… leastways those not related to me.


She gets me. She completely gets me. Samm has a talent for knowing and understanding just about every thought in my head, which is occasionally no small feat. (I’m not saying the thoughts are profound or anything, just numerous and opposed to rationalization.) The marvelous thing, even above that, is that she stayed around anyway.

As much as any other part of it, there’s an inherent *trust* with her; which, if you know me, is crucial to any kind of relationship. A certain woman in my past did a magnificent job of annihilating that trust, and I’ve been cautiously picking up the pieces since. You can think of it as once bitten, twice shy; only in this case she bit something off.

It’s a lucky man that has someone like Samm in his corner of the ring.

She dropped me a message last night, to wish me a happy birthday. We chatted about old times, and we both had to smile. It was nice to hear from her.

Okay. I think we’re good, here. Have yourselves a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home