Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ah, Sweet Carma

My best friend Pedro came out to see me at a poetry reading on Clarendon Boulevard, last night. After said event had wrapped up, we decided to find a place to purchase a pair of pints.

Pedro drives like a maniac. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good maniac, but a maniac. In finding a spot on the street, he came within inches of tapping the car before him. I jokingly braced myself for the collision, knowing it wasn't going to happen.

He glares at me.

"Come on, Casey," he starts, backing up and steering towards the curb, "I'm a professional. I know what I'm do--" *BDUMP*. He hit the curb.

I started laughing. I laughed right in his face. Pedro looked down at the steering wheel, mute with defeat. He couldn't. Say. A word. I continued laughing.

We got out of the car and headed for the pub, but not before I leaned on the car for half a minute, laughing so hard my eyes were starting to water.

"Shut up, Casey."

"Ummm, no. BAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!"

There really is nothing quite laughing at your best friend. Oh sure, I'd have cross words with anyone else who tried to make fun of him, because damn it, he's mine.

Go find your own best friend with occasionally questionable depth perception! BAH!!

Last night was good. Last night was very good. And Pedro provided the icing on the cake.

Gracias, amigo. Heh heh heh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home