Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Well, This Changes Things

I had my first class this weekend at Baltimore University.

It was an eye-opener. Gave me some perspective on the business.

I mentioned the Metro contest; something I was excited about entering... Something that as of Saturday, I can’t do.

Voice-work is a hard enough line of work to make it in, without businesses making it sound like a good idea to work for free. It undercuts what professionals are trying to do.

Does that sound like I’m calling myself a professional? Certainly not yet. But if I want to take it seriously, if I want to even think about joining them, I can’t go trying to do for free (like entering a contest) what they should be paying V.O. artists for.

Anyway. There that is.

More to follow, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home