Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, January 09, 2006

Little Black Book


You know… I was gonna try and wrap this in some kind of pretty message, but words are failing me. I’ll just say it.

I got one hell of a Christmas present today. Amanda picked out an absolutely gorgeous leather-bound book for me. It fits in my pocket. It’s got my name embossed on the front cover. And it means I never have to scramble for paper to write down an idea again.

A year ago, I received a bevy of terrific Pilot pens in my stocking. I’m delighted to say I haven’t used them all up yet (although I can always use more); and one clips perfectly over the flap of this absolutely gorgeous envelope-wrapped leather-bound book.

I can’t say how much I appreciate thoughtful, wonderfully kick-ass gifts that feed my writing, make it that much easier-- like knowing I never have to scramble for paper to write down an idea again. (Yes, I’m hip to the fact that I’m repeating myself.)

She found it online, made by the fine craftsman at Aspinal of London. The reason I received it today was due to the fact that they had back-orders. (And they’re in London.) They had back-orders because the things they make are absolutely. Gorgeous.

I love it. Thank you, Amanda. Grazzi! Merci! Muchas Gracias!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home