Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, January 16, 2006

Corrections, Congratulations...


First off, let me amend that the WATCH nominations were not for 'Best' anything. The word used is ‘Outstanding’. Oops.

With that out of the way: Stan, for getting two nods in the same category of Sound? Damn, dude. You’re your own competition. HAH. Very richly deserved.

Andrea! Congratulations on the Outstanding Lead Actress Nod for Book of Days!

It still cracks me up that Mystery of Irma Vep got a nod for Hair Design… The wigs were a sight, that’s the only way I can put it. They were a sight. Way to go, Kat.

And Special Effects? John, Kevin? Does the turning-into-a-werewolf-onstage thing count? Or does Reston’s Beauty and the Beast nod in the same category trump that? HAH.

Congrats to Jane for her Cameo Nod for Gypsy!. Her dance routine brought new meaning to the name Madame Butterfly… (If you saw it, you know exactly what I’m talking about.)

I find it very funny that two actors were nominated for playing the same role; namely Banjo, in The Man Who Came To Dinner, at Rockville and Arlington, respectively. Will there be a trial-by-Banjo portion of the vote-tallying? The same goes for both ladies nominated for their work as Ida in Honk!, with the Reston and Port Tobacco theatres. Great stuff.

Congrats for the second year in a row to Maura! I saw her in Independence, and she was great. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed.

My favorite part, though? They list the part you’re nominated for, as an actor. In Nano’s, Michael’s, and my cases, there’s more than one character named for the nomination. I don’t know why that’s so funny, but it is.

I could not be prouder of the Elden Street Players. Twenty-Four nods all told, including three for Outstanding Play. All I can say is: Thank God Beauty and The Beast is a musical… if they make a sweep of it Nano and I still have a chance… I kid, I kid!

Best of luck, folks. Time to call it a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home