Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Dum Dum De Dum, Dum Dum De Dum

The Voice-Over class yesterday was great. Just great. Ty Ford (man of TV, Film & Radio) was the guest-teacher on hand, and he certainly left an impression. The more I hear about the technique involved here, tricks of the trade and whatnot, the more I think “This is what I should be doing.” It’s a good feeling.

After the class, I made my way to College Park to attend the wedding of Andy and Andrea… Memorial Chapel is huge, and a beautiful setting for the occasion. Andrea looked regal, and I know I went misty at least once or twice. These are people I care about, and they’re happy. What could be better than that?

Ah, the reception: Between the two of them, the couple invited what seemed like half the local theatre community. In addition to the great food (and open bar with Maker’s Mark, thank you very much), swanky music, and dancing, there was some shoptalk. Funny old world… I was told some very nice things, and had some equally nice things to say to other people that I hadn’t seen since… well, shows that were over months ago at least. It was a terrific time.

Regarding the dancing: Being single and dateless (one not necessarily responsible for the other), I tripped a fandango with three wives (woops, make that four, Andrea’s hitched now) and four beautiful brunettes; all of which had promised or been promised a dance. And, I managed to look not-like-an-orangutan doing it. Honest!

Got compliments on my hair of all things, and was told I looked good; so that felt pretty damn good.

Tonight-- Tonight the WATCH Board announces their nominations. I’m lookin’ forward to it. That’s all I’m sayin’.

More to follow, folks.

To the bride and groom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home