Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Talk About Your Ageless Stories


I just saw a commercial for The New World: The romance of John Smith and Pocahontas, coming soon to a theatre near you. Who's playing John Smith? Colin Freaking Farrell. HAH.

My first paying acting job was with Theatre IV, playing Mr. Smith in The True Story of Pocahontas. I'm full and well-acquainted with the history.

This cracks me up. I cannot describe how up this cracks me.

The untold love story between John Smith and Pocahontas? She was twelve, folks. Nothin' happened. Twelve.

I know it's fiction. I know it's an embellishment. But it still just... yeah. There that is.

Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home