Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Well *That's* A Pleasant Surprise


I've learned that a movie was made of an exceptional book, Way of the Peaceful Warrior, by Dan Millman. The movie is called simply Peaceful Warrior. It spent very little time in theatres in a limited release, so it's no wonder I never heard about it. Never the less, it's one I'll keep my eyes peeled for when the DVD comes out.

The book is a fictionalized account of Millman's life. My friend Mikiah introduced the book to me during my stretch with Theatre IV, and it's a book I've never forgotten. Definitely worth checking out.

I have no idea on the quality of the movie. I'm not going to make pre-emptive guesses. But if the flick inspires people to pick up the novel, more power to 'em.

I highly, highly recommend the book. Do check it out, if you feel you're looking for something; or even if you've got things pretty much figured out. Either way I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw the movie, and they were handing out copies of the book at the screening. I suppose I should read it. (Now, where did I put it?) The movie was good, if a little slow and predictable.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home