Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Get 'Em While They're Hot!!


Well. I found a note in my DeviantArt account tonight; to the effect that one of my fake motivational posters was removed for copyright violation.

The picture in question included a bottle of Maker's Mark (real shocker, that). I don't know why that particular one pinged on their radar. It's definitely the only brand name that appears in a poster.

Here's the thing: Technically-- Okay, screw Technically. Flat out, virtually every last motivational poster I've made is copyright infringement. They largely use movie stills, pieces of beautiful artwork, etc. Of course, I'm not trying to make any money off them, I'm just trying to make somethin' funny. The response from other DeviantArtists has been positive, so it's been workin'.

The note went on to threaten that if such behavior continues, they may delete the lot of it, or ban me. Heh heh. Oops.

I'm not particularly worried, because it's not like I don't still have copies of all the posters for my own amusement, but the webpage may rapidly be going the way of the dodo.

So! Feel free to check out www.tuxxer.deviantart.com while it still exists.

Ciao for now. So much for freedom of expression...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home