Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Trying Not To Get *Too* Deep Here


Today is as good a day as any to get a bit existential-- Why the hell not. The year is approaching its final quarter, some birthdays (mine as well as a few loved ones) are just around the corner... and things are the way they are.

Since January and before, I felt that this was going to be a year of change. It largely has been; and if plans don't change suddenly, it will continue to be so.

I caught myself wondering today about how things could have turned out differently. Alternate paths taken. Different interests fostered. Other choices made. A whole lot of pondering and guessing about things that is, ultimately, pointless.

Things are exactly the way they're supposed to be. 'Cause check it out, this is the way things are.

If I'd gone to a different college, if I'd been interested in pursuing other careers, if I'd done this that and the other thing some other way; I wouldn't be who I am. "That's logic." There's something more than a little comforting about that; and I'm not entirely sure why.

To wit, go figure. More to follow, folks. Whatever the hell that's gonna be.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home