Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, November 17, 2006

Laugh, Damn It!


I've been watching Network. Phenomenal movie, and a stronger influence on Aaron Sorkin's writing, I've never seen.

It's a very inspirational film. "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more." It doesn't get much better than that, for mantras for the masses. Leastways not in the 70's.

I like the idea that something can move us. Motivate us to feel more than we usually do, do more than we usually do. According to a numerology book pointed out to me by a good friend and my own personal epiphany from 2002; I know more or less why I'm here. To get a rise out of people. I'd like it very much if that came out as a laugh.

Someone once defined laughter as a smile we can no longer keep to ourselves. Comedy is truth, comedy is pain, comedy is a lot of things. Getting someone to laugh generates an incredible feeling. Some folks got it, some folks don't.

Feeling motivated and aware that, like any buzz, it can't last, I'm going to seize the impulse.

Think about your existence. A million years ago, man was nothing more than ambitious pond scum. Think about how we got here. Think about the last time your best friend suprised you. Think about the last big fight with your partner you had. Think about a cream pie to the face, or a football to the crotch.

What makes you smile? What makes you laugh? Everyone finds something funny, even if it's not seen by tons of people.

What makes you laugh? Take a good look at the answer.

Ciao for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home