Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Cupcake Defense


I should have known mentioning the Cupcake defense was going to spark something. And I definitely should have seen it coming from the lawyer...

Jeff, friend and co-star from Assassins and Urinetown sent me the following exchange.

The Court: Mr. Jones, you have just been found guilty of slaughtering the entire population of the Little Debbie Baking Facility in Muncie, Indiana. What do you have to say for yourself?

Casey: (clears throat) "We just wanted cupcakes."

The Court: I hereby overturn the verdict!


* * *

Now: I can't really see myself running amuck in a pastry factory-- okay, that's a lie. I can easily envision myself running amuck in a pastry factory-- but in light of the absolute massacre involved, blood and creme filling flying everywhere; could one sentence really vindicate a multiple murderer? Even one so prolific as "But we just wanted cupcakes"? (And how's that for a run-on sentence!)

And who would be my accomplice or partner in crime? 'But we just wanted cupcakes.'

Far too many thoughts on an entirely silly concept. 100% nonsense.

Thanks, Jeff. Outstanding.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home