Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, January 29, 2007

Merk. Fergl. It's Late.


Some quality sleep would really hit the spot right now. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in that limbo between not quite wide awake and not sleepy enough to keep my eyes shut.

Damn.

There are things on my mind; none of which I can do a thing about at two in the morning. Thoughts on money and expenses. My non-existant lovelife. Friends my age w/ babies. What to do (and leave alone) with Yellow Brick Monologues and the steps to follow. The WATCH awards. ... to hell with it. Also, the other award I may or may not be nominated for. I find that out next week; at which point I'll finally spill my guts one way or the other.

In the world of voice-overs, it was a good weekend. A former client came back for seconds (always a good thing). This job also included writing copy for the recording; a separate-but-equally-billable service. Heh. The best part? I was able to offer a friend her first professional VO gig. After the YBM reading on Friday, that may well have been the highlight of the weekend.

I like helping out my friends. It's a good feeling; and it's probably the closest I'm going to get to a selfless act any time soon. (Scratch that; re: the above concerning making me feel good.)

Wish I could sleep. Can't yet. So I might as well put that midnight oil to good use.

Sweet dreams, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home