Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, January 22, 2007

Advantages, Disadvantages...


Working from home. An altogether weird circumstance.

Pros include setting my own hours and the option of not wearing pants. No-one drinks the last of the coffee without making more; and my boss is a swell sort of guy. And oh yeah. Anything in the office fridge is free game. Mwu ha ha ha.

I think a bit more responsibility wouldn't kill me, though. There were advantages to answering to someone, it meant things got done faster. When I first arrived in NY, I spent time at a nearby coffeeshop to get work done. It's cheaper to stay put but productivity can suffer.

Also, my hours are completely shot to hell. I stay up late, get up late, and repeat. Night-owlery has its limits, and the advantages to said lifestyle can lose their luster. Case in point; this evening right here.

I'm well aware that bitching of this sort amounts to "Oh there are too many diamonds on my engagement ring", so I'll put a stop to it; but there it is.

Anyway. Enough out of me. A good evening to all, and to all a good night. Sweet dreams, folks.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You knew I would have to comment on this.

    See? You had a completely valid compliant. Even if it was 2 a.m. You got it just right. It's not a good feeling to have things not work out just so. So don't cast aside your feelings-- they are real ones. Just alternate between the coffee shop and home. Or better yet, find a place that is free and also inviting. Not like a park is an option now--- but still. Nothing like exploring.

    Just don't let your unicorn throw a shoe, ok? :)

    A

     

Post a Comment

<< Home