Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, January 01, 2007

Dag BLAST It


Patience not being one of my best virtues, I find myself really, really wanting to get my hands on a copy of Sleuth. Used to have one, and I don't any more.

In my opinion, the movie is nothing short of terrific. Michael Caine and Sir Laurence Olivier turned in career performances. Both were nominated for Best Actor Oscars; unfortunately they were up against The Godfather. (And each other.) It isn't the greatest script I've ever seen, but it is my favorite; it pushes all the right buttons.

The problem being, naturally, that the movie's gone and become quite rare. And expensive. For a DVD with only one movie in it, the price where one can find it is downright prohibitive.

Still. If anyone happens to have a copy they're not using anymore; or knows where I can find one for less than fifty bucks, do let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home