Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, January 01, 2007

Having Watched The Ball Drop


Former plans for tonight were beset by my still recovering from surgery. I was planning to celebrate with Bill and Dany, but not feeling well enough for the trip (or the subsequent allergies) I opted to stay in Queens instead.

Kate's brother Andy arrived, and the five of us had a very nice evening. Right through Midnight.

Precisely the moment, watching the ball drop, that it sunk in that I live in New York. The people in Times Square yacking it up are less than four miles from here.

This is January First. I've moved to a new city, and this is as good a time as any to say that it actually feels like home. Outstanding.

I have no idea what this year is going to bring. I have an inkling or two, but certainly nothing I want to mention this early for fear of jinxing it... Never the less. Here we are.

Be well, folks. Happy New Year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home