Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Saturday, March 10, 2007

300... Wow.


I saw 300 tonight with Jeannie, Rob and some friends of theirs. We went to Union Square.

Um... wow. Words fail me. That was a movie. It unintentionally came off as a bit silly, from time to time. I was with the completely right crowd to see this flick.

Visually stunning. Violent as any three circles of hell. Still came off a bit silly. Any war w/ elephans will draw comparisons to Return of the King, I think. That was the consensus of our lot.

Then the crab person arrived. Tastes like crab. Talks like people. In truth it was an obese slave w/ blades for arms that the Persian Demigod Xerxes brought along for executions, but the length and cut of the weapon/limbs looked like crab claws. Jeannie completely called it. The less said about Gollum and Quasimodo's lovechild, the better.

Don't ask.

Fight choreography? Beautiful. Dialogue? Occasionally the stuff that eyes are rolled for. Good stuff, though. I just don't think I'll be seeing it again soon.

This is madness? No. THIS. IS. SPAR-TA.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger mr.stinkhead said…

    [img]http://millionaireplayboy.com/images/playmobil/romanhat.jpg[/img]

    I could go again... very soon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home