Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

On Taking Risks


I'm facing a decision that should be tougher than it feels right now, I think. I'm trying to get my comic book published. In order to do so, I'm going to need to pay for the artwork, which will be somewhat expensive.

I want to pay for it. That could be part of the problem. I know I've been overly eager in the past when it comes to being close to accomplishing something I want.

The stakes are significantly higher, now. I'm making less (but stand to make more if the comic's a hit, who knows) so the task of recuperating losses would be longer than if I were still in Maryland; with more income and fewer expenses. HAH.

I grew up learning that you're supposed to pursue your dreams, do everything you can to make them happen. Now that it would literally cost, I'm a bit shaken by how eager I am to throw my future on to a roulette wheel. If they even accept credit, who knows.

Who knows?

***

On a completely unrelated subject; I've been watching Six Feet Under. Having briefly met Rachel Griffiths, once, on the set of Step Up... the camera doesn't do her justice. Seriously.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home