Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Best Sighting Yet!


Okay! First! Out doing the ticket sales thing yesterday evening (or late afternoon rather, since the sun was still up); Marian Seldes passes by on her way to the theatre. She's currently playing in Deuce opposite Angela Lansbury. This is the second time I've seen her. I gesture to her, and say "Break a leg." She mouths a 'Thank You', and went on her way. Classy lady.

I was out with Joyce pitching tickets when she thought she spotted someone out of the corner of her eye, and quickly dismissed it. I asked who, and she said "Martin Sheen."

I scanned the crowd, and found a man walking away; and recognized the walk. I've been a West Wing fan for years, to say nothing of Wall Street, etc. I catch up to him, and as we're stopped at the crosswalk, I offer my hand and say, "Excuse me sir, but I had to say I love your work."

Sheen smiles and accepts my hand. Joyce races up, also shakes hands with him, and the three of us had a very pleasant conversation for about two minutes. He asked if we were actors, we said yes, talked shop for a bit. By this time, others had stopped and started taking pictures. No-one had recognized him prior to this (I think) because of the glasses he wore, or possibly because he was so casually dressed. Regular Joe all the way.


Some people understandably don't have patience or the time to talk to fans; but he was more than happy to talk to us for a few minutes. It was incredible.

So, yeah. That happened.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home