Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, August 03, 2007

Opening Night!


Well, tonight's the night. The Yellow Brick Monologues opens in Times Square, Off-Off Broadway. Exactly the sort of thing I moved to New York to do.

A lot of time, a lot of effort and a lot of money have gone into this. The show is as good as I can make it.


Heart-warming Dorothy? Check. Blood-chilling Wicked Witch? Check. A dynamite cast? Well-- besides the wonderful trio (and Toto makes four) are Glinda, The Mayor of Munchkinland, Nikko the Winged Monkey, and of course, The Wizard. Plus a character or two of my own creation. The actors playing them are superb.

The show works. Of that I have no doubt. Whether or not it makes any money remains to be seen. As far as advertising is concerned, I've done everything I could afford to, and that's the truth. Fortune smiled and we're also in this week's Time Out New York, so that's pretty good.


My first New York premiere... Outstanding.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Break a nose.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home