Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cripes.


It's nearly 3, and I can't sleep. I've had two cups of Sleepy Time tea, and so far, nothin'.

Since I'm up, I've decided to get a bit of work done. Namely, on my next Character Demo. When last I was in the booth; my teacher strongly suggested that it was supposed to sound like it was plucked off the air-- like it was on TV or the radio.

I've started writing some material that will use a variety of voices in different situations. The so-called tricky part will be to blend in sound effects and background music, but that's nothing I haven't done before.

The real challenge will be picking out voices that sound nothing like each other, or like me for that matter. It needs to be a diverse mix, each part lasting long enough to establish that I can keep the voices consistent. Also I'm trying to work on giving them some life; allow them to be less flat. Range, people. Range.

I'd much rather be catching forty winks. But since that's not an option at the moment, I might as wellZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Might I suggest valerian root and melatonin?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home