Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Things Are Looking Up


Hello, dear readers. Lots to report so we'll dive right in.

I've been working steadily for almost two months at a bankruptcy firm-- business is booming. I have yet to run out of things to do, there. (It's good to be busy.)

I've been sending out vibes and the universe has been kind in response: I currently have more freelance work than I know what to do with. I love it. Some VO work, a ton of copy-editing to get through, and oh yes, back with a former employer to help him with his writing. Shazam.

It's a warm day, and I'll be taking in some Shakespeare in the park this afternoon, after I get a long-overdue haircut.

In other news, I had my first VO audition in far too long, this week. I think it went well, but only time will tell. I long to get back into the cartoon biz. That is all.

Working full-time hasn't hampered my creativity; I conjured up an idea for a comic book miniseries on Thursday. Will flesh it out a bit today before I put it aside; there are bigger pots on the stove that require my attention. Need to stay focused.

A series of random events led me to meeting a nice young woman on the subway; she was showing her visiting brother the Big Apple. We clicked in our brief encounter, and yours truly has a dinner date this Tuesday. I didn't think those sorts of thing ever actually happened-- random rendezvous leading to dates. Still, I guess this is how strangers become friends.

More to follow, folks. Ciao for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home