Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Yes, I'm a Dork; No, I Don't Care

It was movie night tonight, for my brother and I. He's got the projector-screen thing going on. It is a thing of beauty.

Tonight, we watched the original Superman. Christopher Reeve. Marlon Brando. Gene Hackman. Margot Kidder. The first excellent comic book movie and still one of the absolute best.

I swear, I was 6 years old again. People talk about movie magic, and for the longest time I thought it meant special effects. Throw enough lightsabers and trolls and god knows what else up there and bam, epic. Right?

Wrong.

Movie Magic, the real thing? It doesn't happen on the screen. It happens to you. When you're not busy picking apart the plot, or wondering how certain actors got cast, and you just let yourself watch, and it's good? Even Super?

Abra Cadabra.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Spitfire said…

    Dorks of the world UNITE!!!!
    Superman is one of the best comic movies made, right up there with Spider-man 1 and 2.
    I LOVE superman, anything superman, everything superman.
    Continue down this enlightend path. Who knows, we may yet convert those in darkness to the true path of Dorkism.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger mr.stinkhead said…

    http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/images/playmobil/egg_16.jpg

    -kneel before Zod

     

Post a Comment

<< Home