Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, April 24, 2006

Next Steps

You know those things that "you only get out of them what you put in"? Two big endeavors along those exact lines are getting ready for the next phase, respectively.

In no particular order: The Comic Book. Character sketches are pretty much done, the script is almost ready to go. It's down to one last scene to write before I send it off to my penciller, and the laying down of detail-work. What kind of details, you ask? Background stuff. In-jokes, hopefully sly references, and other minutae that other comic book dorks/geeks/nerds/etc. would appreciate. I can't resist the temptation. Wouldn't if I could, anyway.

As for my voice-over work: I have my demos. I have my mega-list of contacts. I have the phone number of someone who can run off copies of my CD in a professional quality, hopefully affordably. Nothing left to do but to do it: Run 'em off and send 'em out. And see what happens next...

Oh, by the way-- Happy Birthday, Jaclyn. You rock.

More to follow. One way or another.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger dirk.mancuso said…

    Any hints as to the nature of your comic? Straight forward super-heroics with a dash of tongue in cheek humor? Or a more sophisticated approach a la "Noble Causes"? Or perhaps you going the soon to be defunct (and much missed by yours truly) "Strangers in Paradise" route?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home