Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, November 22, 2007

What Do You Do?


No-one likes getting the brush off.

I don't know how else to describe it. I moved to NYC, and got in touch with a friend that I hadn't seen in years. I thought we'd gotten off to a good start-- I helped her out with her voice-over demo. I'd had dinner with a her and her boyfriend a few times.

They haven't returned a phone call in the past two months. They didn't make it to YBM. I don't get it. I don't get what changed. I don't get at what point I wasn't worth calling back.

Anyway. I'm aware that I have a history of putting too much stock in what others think. You take up acting and writing, two lines of work that involve putting yourself 'out there', and see how easy it is.

So. I left a final phone message, wishing her a happy Thanksgiving. I don't expect to hear back. I'm finished with one-sided friendships, or whatever.

Anyway. There that is.

Oh-- and tonight, I officially made my first pie. Bought the ingredients, did all the mixing, even burned my hand getting it out of the oven. Hopefully it'll be a welcome surprise at tomorrow's family get-together.

Happy Thanksgiving, folks. Ciao for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home