Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Subway Antics


My current commute has been at the peak of subway rush hour. The cars have been packed like sardines at 8 and 5. On the way home today, a rude woman pushed ahead of me to squeeze-- well, cram-- into the last few inches of the N train. The doors attempted to shut behind her, and caught momentarily on her backpack.

Obligingly, I pushed her backpack until it was entirely inside the train, not unlike smooshing a marshmallow into... okay, a subway car. That simile died en route. Mea culpa.

My efforts to streamline transportation earned a few laughs from some observers behind me. Pity none of it qualifies for overheardinnewyork.com, as none of us actually said anything.

C'est la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home