Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, January 17, 2008

One For The Record Books

Last night, I dreamt of my own wedding. In my Dad's old church. To a woman I've never seen before. Can't recall doing that one before. Very surreal.

This was the full-on experience. Waiting for her at the altar, holding her hand, saying "I do", the whole creepy nine yards. Not that the idea of getting married is creepy. The idea of getting married when I'm not even dating anyone at the moment, that's creepy.

Details were incredibly vivid. I recognized people in the congregation. I'm not sure but I think Andy was my Best Man. What's more, the bride-to-be and I had a tacit understanding that the wedding was more for convenience or other exterior consideration; over our own lukewarm feelings. So it was a nice sham-wedding, I guess.

Dreammoods.com, the online answer to all your nocturnal vision explicating needs; had the following to say:

To see a wedding in your dream, symbolizes a new beginning or transition in your current life. Dreams involving weddings are often negative and highlight some anxiety or fear. It often refers to feelings of bitterness, sorrow, or death. Alternatively, wedding dreams reflect your issues about commitment and independence.

To dream that you are planning your own wedding to someone you never met, is a metaphor symbolizing the union of your masculine and feminine side. It represents a transitional phase where you are seeking some sort of balance between your aggressive side and emotional side.

To dream that you are a groom, represents your commitment to a relationship or situation. Alternatively, it suggests that your strong assertive side is getting ready to merge with your intuitive nurturing side.

To see a bride in your dream, signifies the most feminine qualities about you. A bride may also symbolize a union or partnership or some sort.

Any thoughts...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home